Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Hitch Hiking for the Holidays

I feel terrible. While hitch hiking today from my site to Lilongwe I crushed a Malawian man's hope and dreams. He asked me if wrestling (ie WWE and john cina)in America was real. At first I thought about lying and saying, "oh yeah, wrestling is so totally real!", but after a minute or so I slowly hinted to the man that wrestling was "scripted". After he asked me to clarify what I meant by "scripted" I out right told the man that American wrestling was fake. He then (without any emotion in his face) went silent for what felt like forever, but luckily we got a flat tire to break the tension.

4 comments:

  1. glad your making a real impact out there you monster

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crushing Dreams and taking names...Thats the Peace Corp way....Jojo...you didnt...Oh well, better he know now then later...

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's funny to be honest. Should have told him about UFC

    ReplyDelete
  4. WWE isn't real? WTF! next thing you're going to tell me is there's no Santa.

    ReplyDelete